interesting places on my doorstep

A routine hospital appointment early in the day gave us an excuse to have a day out and explore a little.
Driving around our county always reminds me how diverse this area is: hills, valleys, woods and forests, moors, wetlands and the coast; picturesque villages and old market towns

.



We decided to visit the Somerset Museum of Rural Life. This is a small museum on the edge of Glastonbury. The exhibition is a reconstruction of a life of one particular farm worker, who is known to had lived in one of the local villages, which makes it more personal.







One of the other places I like is the Somerset Guild of Craftsmen. It is one of the oldest Craft Guilds in the country, with a permanent exhibition in the Courthouse Gallery in Somerton, where there is 60 - 80 craftsment exhibiting at any one time. This is a feast for eyes, and it is very hard to walk away without a purchase.


And then there is the Willows & Wetlands Centre, with the Basket Museum and a shop, one of my favourite places!
Never yet have I managed to come home from there without at least one new item. I love baskets and I use them all around the house.



It would not be a day out without a stop for a lunch in a country pub!