start of red quilt


So you would not think I have completely forgotten what this blog is about, I can at least show you the start of my new quilt, I am calling it the "red quilt", because the idea for it came from the piece of a red vintage fabric I bough at TT fair in May.



Considering that it was damaged and stained in quite a few places, I managed to cut a few good squares.
I have finished the centre of the quilt and now I have to think about the border. Although I had a rough idea how I would like the quilt to look, it has been a case of making it up as I go along, seeing how the fabrics work together.


I can't wait to get to the to the quilting part, as my plan is to hand quilt it, while enjoying being in our garden, now the summer has arrived. Of course, that it is presuming the weather will last!