christmas presents at compton house

Another Saturday and another craft fair and there really was a lot of real craft, to be admired. My friend and I went to the "Shopping Event 2010", held at Compton House , a small Georgian hotel in Axbridge, Somerset.
The exhibitors were set out in the lovely bedrooms of the hotel, with refreshments served outside on the terrace. Yes, outside, in November!
It was hard to believe, but we enjoyed a lovely warm day, sitting comfortably in the garden, even the sun showed its face.


But back to the real reason we were here. There really were some beautiful things on sale;
beautiful jewellery made by Maya from Papillon-Rouge, very special presents for a very special occasions;
lovely products by Lavender &Co, hard to resist;

irresistible soaps by Helen Izzard, who also makes beautiful soft furnishings;



beautifully made various items by the blacksmith Christopher Manley from Anvilart. There was a lot of lovely vintage china, lots of nice jewellery, the list goes on...

I can't show you all may purchases, as some of them are Christmas presents.

What I can show you is a beautiful calendar I bought from Niki of Nostalgia. This is for my work room, to inspire me all through the next year! 


From a lady selling a vintage china I bought this nice, inexpensive, small tray, just right for biscuits or small cakes.


When I got home I studied closer the mark at back (with a magnifying glass) and found that it says "Made in Czecho-Slovakia".



To find out that this little tray and I started our lives in the same country many years ago made a lovely day even more perfect.