embellished fabric book - project6 - autumn


After a fairly mild autumn the temperature is dropping, the weather man has even mentioned the word "snow"! I hope this applies only to the north of the country...
After growing up with snowy winters of the central Europe, it took a long time for me to get used to dark and wet English winters. But now I actually prefer them, however nice it is to see the the first snow. Living in the country as we do and the management of the roads here as it is, snow usually means being stranded....It is however fun for the children, and it also means that the schools around here remain closed in such times and the children can enjoy the brief spell of snow. I just hope that we will not get the repeat of the last winter, which was also very cold, for a very long time.

The pictures here are views from our upstairs window. I love the mist above the river which is flowing through the valley.



I collected some beautiful leaves, which were blowing around our garden, a couple of weeks ago, before the rain changed them into a wet mush. They made a lovely picture. The nature produced some spectacular colours this autumn.             
The photograph gave me an idea for another project for my fabric book.