baking for christmas


After a week without any snow, it is back again. This morning we woke up to a very different scene from that of yesterday.

I will not be going very far today. We live on the top of a hill and the road through our village very rarely sees a gritting lorry.


The best thing to do is to enjoy the scene


and build a snowman


I took a picture of my neighbour's logs, there might be an idea for an embroidery sometime in the future.



By the afternoon the temperature is dropping and the best place is back inside. Time for some Christmas baking. When I was small, my mother used to bake several kinds of Christmas biscuits every year.
I don't make as many as she used to, but I still like to make a few, it reminds me of all those Christmas times a long time ago.



Vanilla and almond crescents and "bear's paws", made from walnuts..


Our house suddenly smells like Christmas.