crazy weather and christmas cards

It rained the night before last, it rained all day yesterday, so  most of the snow has now gone. Crazy English weather! It is a beautiful sunny day today and we were desperate for a good walk in the forest, so we set out this morning for a short drive to the woods. But the temperature must had dropped in the early hours this morning, there was a lot of black ice on the roads. After some careful driving we made it to the forest and while walking, we also collected some stuff for Christmas decorations.

While I am waiting for the postman to deliver some wadding for the Christmas tablecloth, I started another small project. I bought this kit for "Heirloom Hannah" by Elaine Aitken from Button Angel nearly two years ago and rediscovered it recently when tidying my room.


My granddaughter's school let the children design their own Christmas cards and then had them commercially printed and made up into packs of 12 cards. The proceeds of the sale of the cards will go to the PTA, for those little extras.
This is a card by my 5 year old granddaughter, with her name as the designer on the back.