sunday morning






I love this spring, damp meadow flower, called Cuckoo Flower. So gentle, in soft shades of pale pink, lilac and white. My grandmother used to call it the "Tears of the Virgin Mary", because it starts flowering around Easter time.








I had a very busy week, end of PAYE tax year and submission the tax office, so little time or a thought for anything else, I was just too tired to blog or even stitch. All "done and dusted" by Friday and I was able to enjoy the beautiful weekend we have been having. It was great to get out into the woods before breakfast, with the early dampness still in the air and on the ground.


We walked to the place of an ancient settlement, the Parkhill Camp. I wrote about this place before here.


We took with us our four legged visitor. She is staying with us while her family is visiting the other grandparents.


The first signs of bluebells, in a week or so this woodland floor will be a blue carpet.






                                  I still hope to finish my table runner by Easter.