March Saturday

Spring? We have summer!
Today's early morning walk, in a lovely warm sunshine, took us past the smell of freshly cut logs


to Parkhill Camp, an Iron Age settlement, about which I wrote before here.


 
There had been a lot of activity here during the winter, some of the large beech trees have been cut down.


It is all still looking very bare here, but in the few weeks time the floor here will look like this, a carpet of bluebells.


For now we are happy to see some wild primroses.


Back at home, while working in the garden, not a meter from the hedge, I realised there was a pair of little eyes watching me.


A mum blackbird, sitting on the nest, in March! She did not mind while I went to get my camera and took a picture.

In the balmy 18C we took some garden furniture out of the winter storage and spent the afternoon relaxing in the sunshine.


A good time to start the next stage of my Indigo quilt.


More of the same tomorrow? I hope so!

I wish you also a wonderful weekend!