T for T


"T for T" stands for "Talent for Textiles" fair, held several times a year at various venues, organised by Elizabeth Baer. It is a sale of antique and vintage textiles, buttons and various haberdashery, bags, various decorative objects and so much more. Many of the items on sale come from markets in France, including some beautiful old linen. You can pick up some lovely fabrics here, but of course, like anywhere else, you could spend a lot of money on very little, say the least.
My favourite venue is the American Museum in Bath, where the fair will be held in September.


This week the fair ( the 57th) was taking place in the grounds of Glastonbury Rural Life Museum, in their recently restored 14th century Tithe Barn, with the dramatic backdrop of the legendary Glastonbury Tor.




It turned out to be a chilly day and the wind was blowing through the barn. I felt sorry for some of the stallholders near the doors.


After parking DH in the tea room ( believe me, he wasn't on his own there), I went to explore the wares.

I found some small pieces of lace on Niki's stall.







But the find of the day for me was this inexpensive piece of cotton fabric, nearly 1m sq. Although it has some small damage, there is enough fabric here to do something with.


As soon as I got home, I raided my stash to see what I could match up with my new find.


Decisions, decisions.
I can feel a quilt coming on!

--------------------------------

Today I took some more pictures of the garden.

I like the way the poppies open up, from the what looks like a piece of crumbled tissue paper, to their full beauty.





The tree peony early in the morning,


and later in the day.







I wish you all a very good week!