lazy weekend

First of all, thank you to all of you who have given me ideas what to make with the block no 5. I should had said that it is 11" square, so sadly a little too large for a pin cushion. I will of course let you know what I have done with it (if anything at all!).
Last week was very hectic for me and I was very glad when Friday evening arrived. All I was capable of was just to veg in the front of the TV.
As we had no special plans for the weekend, I promised myself to have a "lazy" one. And that is what I did, rather I didn't do very much at all. Bliss. The weather looked fantastic looking out of the window, dry and sunny, but outside it is very windy, with a cold north wind howling through the garden, so no pleasure in being out there.


So, besides stitching, what else is there to do on a day like this?


Baking! Rhubarb is in season, so lets make something with it.

 Rhubarb and Custard tart: 

 

served with juices from the cooked rhubarb and some fresh cream


I ventured outside just for long enough to check progress in the garden and to take some pictures.

I think this would make a good stitching subject.

We have had the best of the azaleas, but the poppies are just opening up and the peonies are not going to be far behind, so I hope this wind will stop soon.


The strawberries are doing very well, it will be something for the grandchildren to pick soon, if we'll get some more warm sunshine.


And some more irises:





I wish you all a very good week!