aurifil threads

                                          Welcome to my new "sweet shop"!

                                                          Aurifil threads


I  discovered this beautiful Italian thread when I was doing stitcheries for the Scandinavian Hearts tablecloth and my baking cloth.
I also used it for quilting my Tail Feathers quilt. I like their colour shades and the way the threads handle.
Aurifil 100% Egyptian cotton threads come in 4 thicknesses, Mako 12, 28, 40, and 50, the lowest number being the thickest. It also seems to wash well, and depending on the Mako you use, suitable for any job.
I have at last found a very helpful UK website, stocking Mako 28, 40 and 50. If they haven't got the shade you want, they will order it for you.
Meg at New Threads Quilt Shop has been very kind and ordered me a couple of shades in Mako12, which I want to use for Easter tablecloth and to do some embroidery on my "Spring" quilt and Mako 40 for quilting it.

My "Spring" quilt is ready and waiting for the lovely threads to arrive.