fruity Saturday

It is that time of year when summer fruits are in abundance and you just have to do something with them, so I dedicated last Saturday to FRUIT.
The start to the day was very pleasant, with morning walk in the woods and picking (and eating) wild strawberries. We also found our first forest mushrooms of the year. Not a great find, but it is a start.




After the breakfast my kitchen became a production line. I must tell you that my kitchen is very, very small.

Firstly some jam. A friend of mine gave me lots of blackcurrants from her garden,
which I turned into 8 jars of lovely jam.


Apricots and cherries were used in a cake.

A punnet of ripe strawberries became ice cream.










And after all that I decided to make a beetroot salad, just to take a break from the fruit!