dilemma

We have been having beautiful autumn weather for the past week, as if the nature is trying to make up for the bad summer.

We have started to tidy up the garden before the winter comes, a job I don't particularly like, as this makes the garden look empty and sad, but it has to be done.

Although some plants, like the Dublin Bay rose still carry on producing beautiful flowers



and there still is some more colour in the garden.









 


I have finished the main part on the Scandinavian Christmas quilt/wall hanging. Next comes the border. In the original design the border is made up of 38 small blocks, a mixture of applique, patchwork and embroidery, so a lot of stitching yet to come.


And here comes my dilemma. Do I opt out for a plain border and get on with the quilting which, I must admit, is very tempting......I have seen on Lynette Anderson's gallery that someone has done just that.
But this would not do a justice to the original Lynette Anderson's design and there is a very good reason why I got attracted to this pattern in the first place.
So, 38 blocks, here I come!

I leave you today with a couple of interesting forms from this weekend's walk in the forest.




 
I wish you a very good week!