wet sunday

We woke up this morning to a very wet day, a very good news of course, it has been so dry for so long, but it would be Sunday, wouldn't it? With the constant winds we have been having, everything is so dry, a big concern for farmers and fruit and veg growers. We have been watering our plum trees, using the waste water from the kitchen, as the water butts were empty. The trees are packed with green fruit, so it would a shame to loose it now. But it has been ideal weather for the strawberries and the grandchildren have been very "helpful" in picking them.

Before last night's rain at last we had a couple of days of "in the garden stitching" weather, so welcome.
I am nearly at the end of hand quilting my "Spring" quilt  and I hope I will be able to show the completed quilt soon.
I have also been collecting some more fabric to compliment the red fabric I bought at the T & T fair and should be able to get started on the "Red" quilt.
In the meantime I have started the first stitchery of the "Scandinavian Christmas" quilt, by Lynette Anderson, which I bought the pattern for after the last Christmas. It was a BOM last year, which I did not "discover" until it was too late to make it in time. With "only" just little over 6 months to go to the next Christmas, it is time to get started! This is such an ideal project to stitch in the garden.


I did not use to stitch "for Christmas", but I enjoyed making the Christmas tablecloth for the last Christmas, I am now hooked. I know the grandchildren will love this quilt/wall hanging!

I wish you all a very good stitching week!